Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

Elias Pschernig a écrit :
> I posted a link to the source of xmessage further above. But
> basically, set_gfx_mode (GFX_XWIN, ...) does just the same. So in that
> case, GFX_TEXT could just do: set_gfx_mode (GFX_XWIN, 640, 480, 0, 0)
> and print the text in there :)

For that to work, we would have to be pretty confident that GFX_XWIN never
fails, otherwise this defeats the whole purpose! Image a program using
allegro_message to tell the user set_gfx_mode(GFX_XWIN, 640, 480) failed :-)
Or maybe you were joking ?

I'm having a look at that xmessage source you posted, removing as much
unneeded stuff as possible. It works fine stand alone, but I don't know how
to integrate it with allegro, as it creates a whole new "App" object, and I
don't know what I'm doing :-) This also adds libXaw to the libraries allegro
is linked to, but this might not be a problem.

--
Julien Cugnière