Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

Chris wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:40:03 +0200, Julien Cugnière
<jcugniere@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know nothing about Xlib, so I prefer leaving that to someone who knows how
to do it right.

The same thing could be said about a lot of things in Allegro. But
Allegro's goal is to be self-maintainable (ie. not rely on outside
programs). Besides, the source code to these programs should be freely
available. Why not look them up and make our own implementation?

In this case, I think using xmessage is fine. Less work for us, and falling back to stdout is okay.

You
could even add a config option to have KDE-styled dialog boxes, or
Gnome-styled, or default X-styled, so it could match the user's
system.

That would be overkill.

Peter