Re: [AD] XIM patch for Allegro 4.1.x

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 12:47 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> Found another problem: ALT+key should return an ASCII code of zero.  For
> example, ALT+key doesn't activate menu bar items in GUI programs at the
> moment.

Yes, I see now: "(shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of
that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing
alt+key returns only the scancode, with a zero ASCII code in the low
byte."

I'll have to add special handlers for Alt and Ctrl I guess. Does anyone
know if the Mac OSX code does conform to this? And why isn't this done
in keyboard.c, if it is driver independent? Same as not putting keys
like KEY_SHIFT into the buffer - that should belong into keyboard.c, not
the driver. I'll see if I can improve this, instead of just hacking it
into the x11 driver.

--
Elias Pschernig