Re: [AD] Docs and set_gfx_mode

On 2004-09-24, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll try if texi2html works with Allegro's docs, and maybe it's
> possible to add it to Grzegorz' web update script, so the API
> page could look like:
> - Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / page) [this would be the current
> ones]
> - Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / function) [this would be the
> texi2html ones]

The trouble is that there is no web update script. Well, there
is a text which tells a human how to update a web page, which
could be considered a script, as those read by actors, but it's
not quite automatic. Oh, and SourceForge stopped cronjobs long
ago. I've been running the web update script myself whenever you
commited translations to the web page.

> Maybe texi2html will even make the complete makehtml.c superfluous,
> which would be the first time makedoc gets smaller instead of
> bigger :)

Don't bother. First of all, you depend on texi format. It's bad,
broken (unless you restrict yourself to 7bit ASCII input), yet
maintained like that for backwards compatibility reasons. Talk about
irony here.  And then, you loose quite a few nice format outlook
things like CSS or auto generated links for function prototype
parameters and the like. Or dependant format output like devhelp/chm.