Re: [AD] Docs and set_gfx_mode

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:17 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2004-09-24, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'll try if texi2html works with Allegro's docs, and maybe it's
> > possible to add it to Grzegorz' web update script, so the API
> > page could look like:
> > - Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / page) [this would be the current
> > ones]
> > - Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / function) [this would be the
> > texi2html ones]
>
> The trouble is that there is no web update script. Well, there
> is a text which tells a human how to update a web page, which
> could be considered a script, as those read by actors, but it's
> not quite automatic. Oh, and SourceForge stopped cronjobs long
> ago. I've been running the web update script myself whenever you
> commited translations to the web page.

Oh, heh. So much for me checking back 8 hours later after committing a
translation and checking on the site for spelling mistakes :P

> > Maybe texi2html will even make the complete makehtml.c superfluous,
> > which would be the first time makedoc gets smaller instead of
> > bigger :)
>
> Don't bother. First of all, you depend on texi format. It's bad,
> broken (unless you restrict yourself to 7bit ASCII input), yet
> maintained like that for backwards compatibility reasons. Talk about

Heh. I'll not bother with it anymore then.

> irony here.  And then, you loose quite a few nice format outlook
> things like CSS or auto generated links for function prototype
> parameters and the like. Or dependant format output like devhelp/chm.

Yes, it is quite inferior to the makedoc html output. I just put it up
since I was surprised it even worked that well (and since it actually
solved AJ's problem). I'll remove it again.

--
Elias Pschernig