Re: [AD] Docs and set_gfx_mode

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 03:05 +1000, aj wrote:

> > > such as ?
> > >

> >No idea. But since others don't do it, I suspect there will be
> >(besides it looking ugly).
>

> so you have no (technical) objections then ?

Well. When thinking about it some more, I'd really hate it if all pages
in the internet or in other documents would allow scrolling down until
only the bottom-most line of text is visible at the top. Some ancient
text editors actually behave like that.

But even there, it is a feature of the editor. Adding empty lines to the
end of a document to simulate this behavior definitely is ugly. So, I'd
object it for my part.

I'll try if texi2html works with Allegro's docs, and maybe it's possible
to add it to Grzegorz' web update script, so the API page could look
like:
- Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / page) [this would be the current
ones]
- Online docs for 4.1.15 (one chapter / function) [this would be the
texi2html ones]

Maybe texi2html will even make the complete makehtml.c superfluous,
which would be the first time makedoc gets smaller instead of bigger :)

--
Elias Pschernig