Re: [AD] Screen update API again

Angelo Mottola wrote:

I think Peter followed the opposite approach with his timer/thread API.
Does that work on MacOS X, btw?

I've got the latest snapshot from Peter's repository. Now, how do I test it? It seems the patch.diff only includes changes for the allegro tree, but does not include the new files... Should I copy them over manually or is there an automated way?

Just extract the thing over a cvs copy of Allegro.

I've examined the code and tests, and it looks very nice as an API! I like its elegance :)

Yay!

Only complain: what about renaming al_install_timer/al_uninstall_timer to al_create_timer/al_destroy_timer? Seems more sensible to me, since they both return a newly allocated AL_TIMER structure...

I wasn't sure between "install" and "create", and Eric said he preferred "install"[1] so I went with that. One nice thing is that it's consistent with al_install_keyboard() et al.

Peter

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2173167
My god, that was two years ago!