Re: [AD] Proposal for new branch

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Ok, so I want to put my timer and event queues stuff into a CVS branch fairly soon.

How about reusing the dead allegro_new module that is already in CVS for this?
Or is it better to start with a clean slate?

The allegro_new module is outdated, and it already has prefixes, which is not what we want. A branch off the allegro module is the right way to go, isn't it?

When it's up, I'll have a look at having the work I've done on the graphics API
be derived from that branch as well. Didn't Bob have a working graphics API for
the Windows port of "Allegro 5", by the way?

I don't think it was working. There's some stuff that might be of interest though. If Bob doesn't speak up I can put up a copy of the last CVS tree I grabbed off him (dated 29 Apr 2003).

Peter

PS. I'm looking for suggestions for the name of the new branch. new_api_branch is the best I could do.