Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

> After applying your patch, I didn't see esd-config anymore during
> 'make depend', it seems that fixed it. I did see a few lines about
> alsa sound come by, but they don't seem to cause any problems.

Ok. My patch was overly convoluted though, Peter's is far better. But the
result should be identical.

> All problems mentioned before have gone away. Make is detected
> correctly, configure automagically did a make depend and no further
> errors occurred. The build is still running at the moment, but as you
> only fixed things in the configure script I assume all will go well as
> before.

Ok. It looks like 'make -v' is more robust than 'make -h' in order to detect
GNU make.

> I did notice one old error that came back: make clean doesn't work on
> IRIX as it generates a 'command line too long'. My earlier patch
> (splitting make clean it in 2 rm statements) apparently isn't
> sufficient anymore: the second remove statement still produces a too
> long command line. Does anybody have an idea for a 'proper' way to fix
> this? If not, I'll submit a patch where make clean is split up in a
> whole bunch of rm statements.

If there is really a bunch of rm statements, perhaps could you try a loop
construct ?

define RM_FILES
   $(foreach file, $(wildcard $(CLEAN_FILES)), rm $(file)
   )
endef

clean:
    $(RM_FILES)