Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

> Bear in mind that GCC targets a hell of a lot of targets,
> plenty of them not even having such a thing as an ANSI C
> compiler, which explains a lot of the odd things they do.

I recently read a discussion on this topic on the GCC mailing-list
(requiring an ANSI C compiler to bootstrap GCC) and it appears that the only
blocker is H-P, which still bundles a K&R system compiler with the newest
versions of HPUX. You have to give them some additional bucks to get an ANSI
C compliant compiler.

> That said, this particular grep modification is sensible
> to do anyway, if there are platforms which rely on the
> piping.

Yes, it would probably never hurt to learn from GCC about portability.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx