Re: [AD] Makedoc patch (was: 4.0.x branch)

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:51:01AM +0100, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > > I think we could merge it (but I won't do it myself).  Grzegorz,
> > > do you agree ?

Patch commited with small modifications.

> I did the checking for hhc by issuing a system("hhc > tempfile") and
> then opening tempfile and looking for the string "HTML Help". If it's
> not found, hhc is assumed to be missing. On my Windows ME this seems
> to work. For some reason, system("hhc allegro.hhp") can't be executed
> though (probably because it's not a "real" console program), so I had
> to put it into the makefile.

That's ok, since makedoc runs before the hhc command. Anyway, it's really
weird that hhc always returns nonzero even if there weren't errors. Maybe
they used the void i_dont_care_main(void) signature...

BTW, the target fails if no multiple html files where generated. I put
a simple check for that, but it's not failsafe: you can create single
file html help, then run chm-docs after putting the @multiplefiles
command. It's certainly weird, but to avoid this it would be nicer
if the chm-docs command generated the needed html files in some new
docs/chm directory, so it would always be safe that the files are there
and correctly generated.

Anyway, it's a low priority wishlist, since the user has to put a lot
on his part to trigger this error. Finally, added some docs about this.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/