Re: [AD] Makedoc patch (was: 4.0.x branch)

Sorry about the delay...

> This patch updates makedoc a little bit. Main features:
>
> - Finally valid html 4.0 output.
> - Use of CSS for colored html output.
> - Added cross references to html, now looks as good as info version.
> - Split makedoc source, a few comments here and there, and documented
>   slightly the _tx format.
> - New commands substitute old commands. makedoc will warn about this to
>   the user. Haven't tested it very much, though...

The colored HTML output is nice, and the cross-reference feature was really
needed.

Here's a summary of my experience with various browsers:
- Navigator 4.76: very nice (and fast) rendering,
- Konqueror 2.1.1: poor rendering,
- Explorer 5.0: passable rendering,
- Voyager 2.10: no CSS support.

I've uploaded a patch you might want to merge into yours:
- makedoc2.diff fixes a compilation problem with Borland C++ (don't assume
any bit of POSIX support from this compiler),
- makefile.diff adds the stuff needed in order to compile the new makedoc on
7 platforms (BCC32, DJGPP, Mingw32 and QNX tested, BeOS, VC and Watcom
untested),
- bcc_docs.log is the compilation log produced by Borland C++.

http://www.multimania.com/ebotcazou/dev/makedoc_non_unix.zip

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx