[AD] Makedoc patch (was: 4.0.x branch)

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:49:01AM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> I can wait until 8pm on Sunday (Paris/Madrid time) for your patch.

You can have it now, you will certainly need some time to apply it:

 http://www.terra.es/personal7/gradha/makedoc_patch.bz2, 56.679 bytes.

This patch updates makedoc a little bit. Main features:

- Finally valid html 4.0 output.
- Use of CSS for colored html output.
- Added cross references to html, now looks as good as info version.
- Split makedoc source, a few comments here and there, and documented
  slightly the _tx format.
- New commands substitute old commands. makedoc will warn about this to
  the user. Haven't tested it very much, though...

To make it work make sure you delete your makefile and rerun
autoconf/configure after you give execution permissions to the new
misc/depmexe.sh.

Caveats:

- Only tested under linux.
- I guess I mixed a few of my own style preferences with the new source. It
  looks ok to me, but I guess I have a special naming convention.
- IE 5.0 renders CSS poorly, Netscape users will certainly complain too.
- I was planning to add lots more documentation and comments, but it
  doesn't sound that fun at this moment...

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/