Re: [AD] 4.0.x branch

> Unless someone explicitly opposes, I'll branch off the 4.0.x series on
> Sunday, 10th. After that, new code will go in the 4.1.x trunk by default.

Done.

The trunk is now identified as 4.1.0 (CVS) and not frozen any longer. Big
patches (including those which break binary compatibility) are welcome.

The 4.0.x branch is dubbed allegro_4_0_branch. It is considered deep-frozen
from now. To retrieve a working copy of the branch:
    cvs -z3 co -r allegro_4_0_branch

Don't forget that -r is a sticky tag, so every subsequent operation on the
retrieved files will be applied to the branch. To undo it: cvs update -A
(resync with HEAD of trunk).

> As I want to make sure that the current code is "releasable" right out of
> the CVS repository, I'll probably make a snapshot and upload the tarball
> somewhere.

A snapshot corresponding to allegro_4_0_branch_point is at:
http://www.multimania.com/ebotcazou/dev/allegro_20020210.tar.gz

I've also re-synced the 5.x module with allegro_4_0_branch_point and fixed
several glitches that were preventing it from compiling under DOS/Windows.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx