Re: [AD] Proposal for a set_icon function

> By nature, all icons are gadgets.  If an Allegro programmer wants his
> Windows program to look professional, though, these kinds of things are
> necessary.

Don't make me say what I never said ;-) icons themselves are not what I
would call gadgets, they are part of the desktop experience. Changing an
icon at runtime is a gadget (IMHO).

> I'd be happy with the IDI_APPLICATION thing (which does set it
> at compile time) if set_window_title didn't wipe out the icon.  :(

Afaics, the trick sort of works because Allegro explicitly loads the default
application icon, that is dubbed IDI_APPLICATION, when it is creating the
main window. It looks like overloading that icon is ok until the window
title is changed.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx