Re: [AD] Proposal for a set_icon function

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 07:18:01AM +0100, Matthew Smith wrote:
> I have to agree with Javier, although I'm wary of the bloat, it's things
> like this which make it hard to sell an Allegro program as a 'proper'
> Windows program. I think now the window title is 'in' then so should the
> icon.  It should of course be an Allegro bitmap, converting it is the Win
> App Designer's problem.

Perhaps -- I think this makes most sense though if it does work
in more than one platform (which I guess it could in BeOS?).
The most important thing, though, is to make it possible for the
user to set it themselves (i.e. setting the window title should
not clobber the icon).  And make it so the default icon is the
first attached icon to the executable, rather than the standerd
app icon.  If in particular fixing the window title business
involves Allegro knowing the handle to the icon, then we do need
a routine to set it even if it's Windows-only.  Besides, it's
probably only about two lines in a function to cache an icon
handle.

> on another note
> Is everyone so sure that DOS can|will not support switching?  OpenDOS
> appears to
> be in development still and that is based on DR-DOS.

Does anyone care enough to add the support though? :)

George