Re: [AD] Proposal for a set_icon function

> I have to agree with George here! Setting application icon run-time is the
> kinda things we don't need in order to keep Allegro free from useless
> features. This question has come up before, and the answer is still the
> same: NO!

Actually we never said at it "NO!" :)

and this function maybe is not avaible to all the platforms
but does that mean it couldn't be included?
if it does, why do we have switching mechanisms? DOS cannout use them
and options to set the windows title?

IMHO allegro should have functions that if not added would require a hack of
the lib (for example to set the window title, etc)

and please remember that not everybody (amongst where i am) use exclusively
Fullscreen modes, but Windowed modes and, honestly, the standard windows
icon in that case looks horrible =)

and even libraries that are supposed to aim for less functions, to be
smaller
and all that (SDL for example, but not exclusively) have that kind of
function

I don't see this a unuseful feature at all, but a function needed if you
want
your app to have a nice icon in your windowed mode without having
to do things like change IDI_APPLICATION, or having to include several
headers and several functions OS dependant and having to learn how the
internals of allegro work on each of those OS just make it work

maybe you see it unuseful, but I, liking the windowed modes, don't see it at
all
and it doesn't hurt nobody (the function) but helps

just my oppinion