Re: [AD] win directx Joystick driver

> Right now, I don't think that the dx3 / dx5 issue will be a problem.

I'm not so sure, but you might finally be right if DirectX was carefully
designed.
Either way, I think you can go ahead with a DirectInput 5.0 driver.

> The main problem I see is that there could be several joystick drivers
> installed, and I don't see a good way to deal with that right now.

Do you mean several joysticks with one driver for each ? Does DirectInput
not expose these drivers through the same interface ?

> Right now I'm using the first enumerated joystick found in the
> system, but this might cause some trouble later on.

Why ?

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx