Re: [AD] win directx Joystick driver

> this is nonsense ... basically, they got corba, and stripped it from all
> the nifty things it had, crippled it, and called it com ?
> i have a hard time believing they went this far ....

You must define three main symbols at compile time: DIRECTDRAW_VERSION,
DIRECTINPUT_VERSION and DIRECTSOUND_VERSION. The data structures used by the
COM interface methods are changed accordingly (new members are added with
newer versions).

It is unclear if the backwards compatibility is fully supported (what
happens if you pass in a DirectInput 5 version of a structure to a DirectX 3
interface method, which expects a smaller one ? I would say nothing, but I'm
not sure).

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx