Re: [translations] Re: [patch] create-weblink-itexi.py and warnings about missing translations (it and cs)

John Mandereau <john.mandereau@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Il giorno mer, 12/12/2012 alle 13.20 +0100, David Kastrup ha scritto:
>> David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> > That would have been me causing the confusion, I guess.  However, I
>> > can't find anything pointing to Texinfo read support in the Guile 1.8
>> > manuals.
>>
>> dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ guile-1.8
>> guile> (use-modules (texinfo))
>>
>> Backtrace:
>> In current input:
>>    1: 0* (use-modules (texinfo))
>>    1: 1  (eval-case (# # *unspecified*) (else #))
>>    1: 2  (begin (process-use-modules (list (list #))) *unspecified*)
>>    ?: 3* [process-use-modules (((texinfo)))]
>>
>> <unnamed port>: In procedure process-use-modules in expression
>> (process-use-modules (list #)):
>> <unnamed port>: no code for module (texinfo)
>> ABORT: (misc-error)
>> guile> dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$
>>
>> Uh, how did you deduce that this is supported with Guile-1.8?
>
> Which revision number of Guile 1.8 do you have?  On my Fedora 17
> installation with Guile 1.8.8, the module texinfo is both loadable from
> Guile prompt and documented in Guile Library manual in Info (which says
> "This manual is for Guile Library (version 0.1.5, updated 24 September
> 2007)").

Guile Library is not installed by default on Ubuntu 12.10 (one can
install it manually, though).  So it would likely complicate matters to
require it as a dependency.  It is, however, apparently distributed as
an integral part of Guile 2.0.

--
David Kastrup