Re: [translations] Re: [patch] create-weblink-itexi.py and warnings about missing translations (it and cs)

John Mandereau <john.mandereau@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Il giorno mar, 11/12/2012 alle 22.11 +0100, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
>> Ok, pushed.
>> Let's stop the warnings, then maybe John will tell us if those
>> translations make still sense or not.
>
> If you look at Git history, you'll see that I have never changed
> create-weblinks-itexi.py.  I'm always less fond of this stack of hacks
> around Texinfo for getting translations right, if I got back to working
> on documentation and translation infrastructure my first step would be
> getting a Texinfo formatter that is extensible in a reasonable way (e.g.
> by programming with monads in a richly typed language like Haskell,
> Ocaml, or possibly Python), not the current or past implementations of
> Makeinfo in C or Perl.

The Guilev2 manual offers

File: guile-2.0.info,  Node: texinfo,  Next: texinfo docbook,  Prev: sxml xpath,  Up: Standard Library

8.9 (texinfo)
=============

8.9.1 Overview
--------------

Texinfo processing in scheme

This module parses texinfo into SXML. TeX will always be the processor
of choice for print output, of course. However, although `makeinfo'
works well for info, its output in other formats is not very
customizable, and the program is not extensible as a whole. This module
aims to provide an extensible framework for texinfo processing that
integrates texinfo into the constellation of SXML processing tools.

so that would seem a somewhat interesting starting point.

--
David Kastrup