[translations] Re: [patch] create-weblink-itexi.py and warnings about missing translations (it and cs)

Il 11/12/2012 14:03, Julien Rioux ha scritto:
On 10/12/2012 5:30 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:

Missing translations are currently it and cs.
Find attached the patch for italian. Can I push it to translation?

Looks good to me.

Ok, pushed.
Let's stop the warnings, then maybe John will tell us if those translations make still sense or not.

I wonder what is the purpose of these translations.
It seems that these nodes are already translated in the texi file. For
example:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/web/development.it.html

fede@fede-laptop:~/lilypond-git/Documentation/it$ git grep 'HTML pagina
unica'
web.texi: @docLink{\name\ (HTML pagina
unica),\base\-big-page.html,\webLink\}

I though that they were used for the "website-only" build (without full
`make doc`) that appears at the top-level URL lilypond.org (without
extra /doc/v2.17/Doc...). See for example how

http://lilypond.org/development.it.html

differs from

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/web/development.it.html

and compare with, say, the French version.

I'm not sure.
I'm not familiar with 'make website' but I've made a quick test now and I can't see no changes.

Sometimes it's not clear where some translated text comes from.

I agree that it's not clear, and I'm confused as well. Unfortunately
work on http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1050 seems to
have stalled.

For example, each manual has a menu on the left: Lilypond -- <name of
manual>. I thought that this translation is made in macros.itexi, but
apparently it's not, since italian manuals have the english title in the
side menu even if macros.itexi has been translated.

So Italian is missing but translations for other languages are there?
Then this is probably where the translations in create-weblinks-itexi.py
are used. This would fit the description.

No, it's because I didn't translate @lilyTitlePage{Learning Manual} in learning.tely I did the same error in all the manual translated, I guess. I'll fix that in my next update.

Probably it's Documentation/*.po? I decided not to translate that po
file when I realized that most of those lines were obsolete. But
something is still used probably...

I don't know what the Documentation/po files are used for, maybe John
knows?

No need for explanation: I'll just look up in Documentation/it.po and search the strings to be translated. I think that very few strings in the Documentation .po file need to be translated. I can find out by myself, no problem.

Thanks
--
Federico