Re: [translations] Documentation/xx.po

Il giorno gio, 09/12/2010 alle 00.28 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> 2010/12/9 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Anyway, I think CG should be updated, don't you think?
> > Just some basic information to save new translators' time (this .po file
> > is in priority 1).
>
> I think CG should stay in English; I have not translated anything of
> it.  It moves too quickly and a developer has to work with other
> developers on -devel list in English anyway.

I didn't mean to say that CG should be translated.
I think we should add some basic tip about .po files. For example:

1) you should start translating only the strings related to manuals you
have translated (that is, website for patch 1 -- priority 1) and then
update your .po file when you translate new manuals

2) don't translate strings related to @node or any kind of @heading
(@subheading, @subsubheading), because translation of these strings are
now handled inside each file.
What else? (I have not a clear understanding of this matter)

3) program .po file is more urgent. The translation of this file is
coordinated by the Free Translation Project...

> > I'm going to send a patch which fixes some issues in italian
> > translations, but I'll keep the it.po file out of it.
> > I'll work on it from scratch (after all, I was just at 5% and most of
> > the translated strings are useless) and translate only the relevant
> > strings (very few so far).
>
> IMHO something that  is more urgent than the Doc po file, is the
> program po file. It has been a call for update today on Free
> Tranlsation Project.

I almost forgot it!
Ok, that's my next job...

'Night,