[translations] Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

John Mandereau schrieb:
 Hmm. Almost feels as if the old system was better :-)

No, it was broken by design: it break each time HTML output format is
modified, and I remember Francisco reported a bug I couldn't solve with
the old system.  And we were several translators who found quite
alienating to translate titles and node names outside the source file...
although there are far more alienating translations sytems, e.g.
line-by-line translation of long documents using PO.

Indeed, that sucks, as some multi-line comments from the included snippets show -- they are represented line by line in the .po file.
Two more things: I did updates for rhythms.itely but this doesn't
trigger a new built, as it would have earlier.

This is a known problem, I'll try to fix it properly, i.e. not as soon
as possible :-P

Ok, I will just hope that my patches are correct, and push without compiling if I don't find the time for a total clean compilation (which takes here 3 hours)

In fact I was in Documentation/de, because I can't get the whole bunch
built on lilypond/translation branch: it just hangs when texi2html
processes the learning.texi for Japanese. Don't know if this is a
problem of my version (1.80) or of some changes in this document.

1.82 is recommended.

Ok, I will see if updating this helps.

 It worked last night on master branch, though. Did a clean rebuilt
today and that didn't solve the problem.

Can you report the error to us?

The error is, that I get a hang-up: Compiling normally until it gets to the japanes LM, here is just hangs processor at 100%, I waited about one hour, I don't know what is going, stopped compiling with ctrl+c. As it is just hanging not failing there are no messages.

Till
John