[translations] Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

Hi Till,
Le samedi 08 août 2009 à 01:13 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> Oh sorry, I hadn't read the most recent version, I just recovered that
> everything about translating node names has been written. It seems
> clear to me

I didn't mention that it's possible not to translate cross-references to
untranslated nodes, in this case you don't have to define empty nodes.
You can even decide to translate only a part of the cross-references to
untranslated nodes, but then this is up to you to manage this mess.  By
thr way, check-xrefs and fix-xrefs targets are currently broken for
translations, I'll look at fix the script ASAP.

> I guess we need the documentation po file still to do translation of
> strings inside of snippets like variable names and comments.

Yes, the PO file will continue to exist.

> BTW except recent updates all files of the German LM NR AU are now
> translated. I guess this will show the first time on 2.13.4, it is
> accessible already on Kainhofer. Should I translate the news-file
> (somehow I don't consider it so important, but I can translate it if
> it serves anybody)

This is up to your judgement; if you want to do so, the makefiles
already support it.  There are lots to do on English docs too, which you
might consider contributing to depending on your interest.

> I noticed that Carl put (some of?) his documentation texts about the
> beaming rules in English into the German rhythm.itely -- I don't know
> if this was by accident or on purpose and how other developers do. I
> havn't touched the file yet, but I guess I can just go ahead
> translating what he put there. In fact it is kind of helping we for
> sure, while on the other hand if everybody does it it might be really
> hard to find the additions quickly...

He did that once, but as Francisco pointed this is not needed thanks to
check-translation, and it might disturb some readers, so we decided not
to do it any more.

> It's translated there but on Kainhofer it is not... Might be the bug
> on this site.

I don't know, maybe this is another bug caused by changes in recent
Texi2THML; I still have Texinfo 1.82 on my machine, I'll update it from
CVS.

> PS. does this new translator's list also have an open archive?

Yes, thanks to Nabble: http://lists.lilynet.net/translations/

Best,
John