[translations] Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

Le dimanche 09 août 2009 à 00:47 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> Ok, I think this might easily end up in a mess. Now I changed the
> translation of a nodename in rhythms. itely but I don't know where it
> has been referenced from so there might be something broken.

"make fix-xrefs" should normally take care of this, but it is broken,
and as I'm visiting my family, I'm less reactive until Thursday.  In the
meantime, update Texinfo menu using Emacs well-known macro C-c C-u C-a,
then do

cd Documentation/de
grep -n "@ref{Node name" {notation,application,learning}/*.ite??

As node names can be croken across lines in cross-references, it's safer
to grep with only the first word of the node name.

>  Hmm. Almost feels as if the old system was better :-)

No, it was broken by design: it break each time HTML output format is
modified, and I remember Francisco reported a bug I couldn't solve with
the old system.  And we were several translators who found quite
alienating to translate titles and node names outside the source file...
although there are far more alienating translations sytems, e.g.
line-by-line translation of long documents using PO.

> Two more things: I did updates for rhythms.itely but this doesn't
> trigger a new built, as it would have earlier.

This is a known problem, I'll try to fix it properly, i.e. not as soon
as possible :-P

> In fact I was in Documentation/de, because I can't get the whole bunch
> built on lilypond/translation branch: it just hangs when texi2html
> processes the learning.texi for Japanese. Don't know if this is a
> problem of my version (1.80) or of some changes in this document.

1.82 is recommended.

>  It worked last night on master branch, though. Did a clean rebuilt
> today and that didn't solve the problem.

Can you report the error to us?

John