[translations] Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

John Mandereau schrieb:
Hi Till,
Le samedi 08 août 2009 à 01:13 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :

Oh sorry, I hadn't read the most recent version, I just recovered that
everything about translating node names has been written. It seems
clear to me

I didn't mention that it's possible not to translate cross-references to
untranslated nodes, in this case you don't have to define empty nodes.
You can even decide to translate only a part of the cross-references to
untranslated nodes, but then this is up to you to manage this mess.  By
thr way, check-xrefs and fix-xrefs targets are currently broken for
translations, I'll look at fix the script ASAP.

Ok, I think this might easily end up in a mess. Now I changed the translation of a nodename in rhythms. itely but I don't know where it  has been referenced from so there might be something broken. Hmm. Almost feels as if the old system was better :-)

Two more things: I did updates for rhythms.itely but this doesn't trigger a new built, as it would have earlier. In fact I was in Documentation/de, because I can't get the whole bunch built on lilypond/translation branch: it just hangs when texi2html processes the learning.texi for Japanese. Don't know if this is a problem of my version (1.80) or of some changes in this document. It worked last night on master branch, though. Did a clean rebuilt today and that didn't solve the problem.

Greetings
Till