[translations] Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

Hi John!

John Mandereau schrieb:
Le lundi 03 août 2009 à 21:49 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :

I didn't find any important changes except the texidocs, which is btw a
great idea. Hope I didn't miss anything, anyhow the translation of node
names in the source will come only later on?

No, I've done it too.

Oh sorry, I hadn't read the most recent version, I just recovered that everything about translating node names has been written. It seems clear to me

I guess we need the documentation po file still to do translation of strings inside of snippets like variable names and comments.

BTW except recent updates all files of the German LM NR AU are now translated. I guess this will show the first time on 2.13.4, it is accessible already on Kainhofer. Should I translate the news-file (somehow I don't consider it so important, but I can translate it if it serves anybody)
If it's something uncommitted in yout working tree, use 'git stash'.
If it's a merge conflict, undo the merging attempt, do

git config --global merge.renameLimit 2000

then try pulling again.
If it's a conflict in a patch to apply, look for recent emails from
Johannes on this list.

Thanks this advice worked really well, only two minor conflicts. I pushed my recent changes (from June 3rd) so everything seems well. On the other hand I have one month of severe changes to integrate.

I noticed that Carl put (some of?) his documentation texts about the beaming rules in English into the German rhythm.itely -- I don't know if this was by accident or on purpose and how other developers do. I havn't touched the file yet, but I guess I can just go ahead translating what he put there. In fact it is kind of helping we for sure, while on the other hand if everybody does it it might be really hard to find the additions quickly...

Total check of the documentation is not possible at the
moment, I don't have the time for that.

OK, I'll look at doing it after having integrated the web site.

I guess I will wait for that.
I guess you did all the reaorganization
work for the fr/es/de directories?

Yes I did, otherwise check-translation and language menus at the bottom
of each HTML page would be even more broken.

Thanks! Indeed otherwise at least German would be totally broken...
BTW where do you translate the "Back to the Documentation index" of the
web-docs? I remember that was an issue with the japanese translation...
now I just realized that it is in English also in the German translations

IIRC it's translated in lilypond-texi2html.init. Which HTML page and in
which build do you see this text untranslated?

It's translated there but on Kainhofer it is not... Might be the bug on this site.

Greetings
Till

PS. does this new translator's list also have an open archive?