Re: [frogs] joining the team

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 04:42:52PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> William Bajzek wrote Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:57 PM
>
> Copied to -frogs, so others can benefit and contribute.
>
>> I've got it building the docs now, which apparently didn't succeed
>> before. I started it about 12 hours ago and it's STILL compiling. If
>> subsequent runs aren't an order of magnitude faster, this is going to
>> be too impractical for me. I've got a 2GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 4 gigs of RAM,
>> any advice for configuring the VM so it will perform better?
>
> The first run does take several hours when compiling the
> docs.

Yeah, but 12 hours?!

I managed to build the entire docs on an eee701 -- 603 mhz, 512
megs ram -- in less than 6 hours.  Not /much/ less, but still
less.  On a core 2 duo, I'd expect it to finish in around 4 hours.

Granted, I've never played with a VM, but something sounds fishy
to me.

Cheers,
- Graham