Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 02:48:01PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> > I bet you 20 timbits you did
> >  export PATH=/place/you/installed/texlive/
> > instead of
> >  export PATH=/place/you/installed/texlive/:$PATH
>
> Neither: I manually edited the path in /etc/.profile

But you *did* either 1) remove /opt/local/bin, or 2) put an extra
"export PATH=" command without adding $PATH, right?

I mean, the files in /opt/local/bin haven't magically disappeared,
have they?  That means that it isn't in your PATH.  And since it
_used_ to be in your PATH, it means that you accidentally changed
something that took it out of your PATH.

> [I'll collect the timbits the next time I'm on the west coast…]

west coast of Scotland, right?  (well, Glasgow is more in the
center)

Besides, didn't you owe me some timbit from the last time I made
the bet?  So at worst, we're even now.

Cheers,
- Graham