Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

Hi John,

> It looks like your TeX installation isn't complete or not completely
> configured.  What is your TeX distro, where is it installed and how did
> you install it?

which tex

gives

/opt/local/bin/tex
Indy:lilypond-git kmac$ tex --version
TeX 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea version 3.5.6
Copyright 2007 D.E. Knuth.
Kpathsea is copyright 2007 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the TeX source.
Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber, and others.

I know that I installed it when I installed TeXShop some years ago (definitely in OS 10.4 or earlier).

What do I need to do to update/upgrade?
And will doing so affect [adversely] my TeXShop installation/work — this is critical right now, since I'm in the middle of polishing two number theory papers for publication very soon.

Thanks,
Kieren.