RE: [chrony-users] Chronyc Call to Add Refclock

I am just calling makestep once after so it's essentially:
Systemctl restart chronyd
Chronyc delete <ip address>
Chronyc add server <ip address> minpoll -6 maxpoll -6 offset -54321
Chronyc makestep

And it then becomes 54321 seconds ago

>Is it synchronizing to NTP when it ignores PPS?
Yes.

>I'd expect the sources to be marked both as falsetickers first. Then PPS will stop accepting new samples, after some time it will select NTP, which will allow PPS to collect new measurements again and then it can be selected..
That's what I figured at some point, but it never really fully ever syncs to the PPS after. The LastRX goes up to the 100s and then may reset once and then go back up, or it'll be correct but never sync to it (i.e. go from 4-12s before LastRX reset which is right since im at poll 3).

>How large is the "+/-" value in the sources output? Maybe there are old samples mixed with new samples, causing a very large dispersion.
Here is an example one of my chronyc sources calls:

MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
#x NTPS                          0   3   377     6    +60us[  +60us] +/- 1920ns
^* 192.168.1.200                 1  -6   377     1  +2660ns[+2710ns] +/- 5398ns

I will investigate/delve deeper with the debug option.