Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS

On 19/02/2016 03:08, Bryan Christianson wrote:
My understanding is that chrony.ttyAMA0.sock is a socket created by chronyd and listened to by chronyd When gpsd starts, it checks to see if the socket exists and writes the PPS data to it.
Isn't that backwards? How would gpsd know what socket to write to? Generally the model is the writer (which doesn't know what wants to receive) creates the file and the receiver (which knows what it wants to receive) opens it.
We can see that here by the presence of gpsd.sock.
Right?

Tom