|Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS
- From: Deven Hickingbotham <devenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:11:31 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s2048; t=1455844274; bh=i3bNev4P0tsM2BPkkQXvmn3c6C0UJSUkJEk7TlxQZf8=; h=Subject:To:References:From:Date:In-Reply-To:From:Subject; b=uB6Sg/CvBL7Wj+TTNhqyGK5CZYMn1bfsGGuxhI9eY17IpCrFCtommbRPllkiOp5Jz056MDt98CvqQlnP1Bpwm6a7AkQ+TGdiTJleeRCcQ0vB8saakEZNHMWMFx1Pwuq9rJTrPqSsOwPBWyxrL1jXHZzpV3ynkEH36tiPj27fLFRhoO0W+zSsWjI/5bMImolatOCnC6Y2e00pu3nq05/nRi7aAl/iqitpAYbtb8iPUDbZ0WS2SfJzoFG9B24VX6xlY0rwfocBiENJgYa6WVNyrJPaqwvOWNJElA8ssDH4IIygnAXFBnMK/N8I5k9CAWj6/HfBgIXemVLWhLF+/qM6tw==
First off, thanks for all of the responses! I'm testing your
suggestions as fast as I can and if I apologize if I don't directly
reply to a suggestion.
Does /var/run/chrony.ttyAMA0.sock exist? If not, then it is hard to read
it. Your gpsd does not seem to be writing to SHM0
Yes, it does exist:
pi@gps /var/run $ ls -l *.sock
srwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 18 16:23 chrony.ttyAMA0.sock
srw-rw---- 1 root root 0 Feb 18 15:43 dhcpcd.sock
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Feb 18 15:43 dhcpcd.unpriv.sock
srwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 18 16:23 gpsd.sock
But I don't think it existed before I configured chrony.
I am also concerned that your outside clocks are way off ( hundreds of ms )
and have HUGE variances -- the network, unless you are using smoke
your network, should not be out by a hundred ms. Mind you telling your
that your SHM0 is out by 135ms is probably all wrong, and is part of the
So, I would first suggest that you get rid of the nmea, and just use the
external clocks as your reference. and get PPS working. Then you can
get nmea working. One thing at a time.
After removing the refclock references from chrony.conf I get:
pi@gps ~/SystemFiles $ chronyc sources
210 Number of sources = 4
MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll LastRx Last sample
^+ gopher.fart.website 3 7 43 +16ms[ +14ms] +/- 89ms
^? mirror 3 7 41 +17ms[ +17ms] +/- 134ms
^~ com1243.eecs.utk.edu 16 6 59 +71ms[ +55ms] +/- 55ms
^* tock.usshc.com 1 6 59 +15ms[ -696us] +/- 122ms
Is this more in line with what you expected?
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.