Re: AW: [chrony-users] chronyd: Can' Synchronize WHY ?

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 06:15:56PM +0000, thomas.schmid@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
> >Please send them to me privately. If I see anything interesting I'll
> >post it here.
> Thank you. I am sending you the archive of PC18, which in my view
> shows the most interesting behaviour:
>
> PC18: having 3 sources (all LAN): LAN-IP1, LAN-IP2, LAN-IP3
> Result: frequent reselection between LAN-IP1 and LAN-IP2
> together with "can't synch"

I see the same as with the older logs you have posted in this thread.
Offsets jumping around by hundreds of milliseconds, stable peer delays
and extremely large skews.

The LAN-IP3 server has stratum 5, so it's ignored in the source
selection if synced to one of the other lower stratum servers, which
is probably the reason why the reselecting happens more frequently
here.

I'm interested in the test without the application running and the
test with noselect. Posting the sourcestats output after chrony has
been running for at least 15 minutes should give us enough
information.

---