Re: [chrony-users] gpsd, pps and chrony

On 11/04/2011 18:48, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 09:51:26AM +0100, Ed W wrote:
>>> It seems to be this commit, merged just few months ago.
>>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=commitdiff;h=08ec0c58fb8a05d3191d5cb6f5d6f81adb419798
>>
>> Ahh, interesting - sadly the Alix has no PM or HPET timers so I think
>> this is unlikely to help *my* specific case, but it's very good news in
>> general!
>
> Does it work for you? Or were you able to get the drift recalculation
> working?

Just testing 2.6.38.2 now.  Seems as expected, no "Refined" line appears
in the logs.  I will look into perhaps extending what they did, but
using the pit timer, in my previous tests that gave good results at
around the 1s mark.

For the moment I need to move on to other development - Short term I
might just hack in a fixed offset into the kernel to get me by, however,
this isn't viable once we start supporting multiple devices. Hopefully
by then I can look into a better kernel fix

Thanks all

Ed W

---