Re: [chrony-users] gpsd, pps and chrony

> What config error causes chrony to die? The config file is parsed
> before daemon(), but they are not treated as fatal, just warnings.
> Should chrony abort if there are any?

This does it:

	rtconutc
	rtcsync

syslog says:
Apr  5 15:14:11 localhost user.crit chronyd[3385]: Fatal error : rtcfile
directive cannot be used with rtcsync

I haven't found any others, but I don't have a very advanced config here?

> My current list of things to do before 1.25:

Seriously, my vote would be to call that 1.26...! (Actually, 1.30
perhaps since it's a good feature release point? We could do a news item
at the same time?)

> - revert "Consider offline sources unreachable", to work properly we'd
>   need to never report unsynchronized status and include a maxdist
>   check, like NTPv4 does

This sounds very useful, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean?
(Don't reply, just showing interest!)

> - include a hack I keep in Fedora to force name resolving until it
>   succeeds (enabled by configure option), the problem is with
>   /etc/resolv.conf filled on boot, before network is reachable, which
>   makes getaddrinfo() return a permanent error instead of temporary.
> - update documentation a bit

Yes, this would be *very* helpful.  I'm trying to get my embedded boot
times down and I would like to start chrony as early as possible,
without waiting for the network to come up.  Also I don't expect users
to be connected most of the time, so I need to think about hard coding
IP addresses (not ideal), and offline/online management

If you wanted two other nice to have feature requests:

1) "include" directive in the config file so that the file can be split
up for management (probably only useful to me to make updating server
entries simple though, so not that desirable)

2) lpj offset adjustment when re-reading tracking data...

Cheers

Ed W

---