Re: [chrony-dev] can chrony adjust H/W clock too ?

On 20/04/2010 23:00, Bill Unruh wrote:
Well actually it is already in the docs. In the beginning of the docs it
explicitly states that one of the advantages of chrony over ntp is that it can keep track of the rtc errors, and compensate for them. There are also various
rtc commands and files described.

Sure - but what I wasn't sure of was that chrony would read the system clock at boot... OK, it's my error, but I turned on hwclock thinking I needed that to get the initial time set and that chrony would be used to condition the RTC thereafter (as a result when I shutdown the error caused by hwclock is so small it's not relevant). So the end result is negligible, but I just thought it worth pointing out how the idiot user (mis)understands the documentation as it stands...

Cheers

Ed W