Re: [chrony-dev] can chrony adjust H/W clock too ?

On 20/04/2010 19:08, Bill Unruh wrote:
A followup note-- If you use hwclock while using chrony, chrony will get very confused in its calculation of the rate of the rtc.(real time clock) since there are these steps being imposed from outside. Now, you do not need to use
the chrony rtc control (get rid of the rtcfile directive in chrony.conf).
and that is probably best if you use hwclock as you do.

Do you think the docs could highlight this please? I guess it's obvious once you know, but my initial config was using both rtcfile and hwclock (one is distro supplied, the other seemed like a good idea...). In practice the error isn't gross enough in my situation that the error was very obvious...

Some docs stating the obvious would be cool?

Cheers

Ed W