Re: [chrony-dev] can chrony adjust H/W clock too ?q:q

On 21/04/2010 06:33, J. Bakshi wrote:

Yes I agree with you. The objective is to sync with ntp. But I might be permitted dreaming that one day chrony can adjust the rtc too.

I think you misunderstand - see my email a few moments ago - chrony DOES adjust the rtc. In fact it's ntp which doesn't

The point was not to use both hwclock AND chrony to condition the RTC since they are both trying to do the same job independently and will fight...

Note, I want to use Chrony on an embedded platform, so it would be one less dependency if chrony could periodically update the RTC automatically without me needing to ask it to (I'm assuming clean shutdowns will rarely occur...). However, it's a fairly minor thing to work around

Thanks

Ed W