Re: Anarchism: tell me more (was RE: Nimrod)

That's kind of the thing about Nimrod: It IS easier to learn than the
sed, awk and all the other tools bash scripts need to work. Not to
mention the bash syntax itself. That means MORE people can learn and
use Nimrod if it's made accessible to them. This is no different than
using Vala/Genie tools like Midori or should we change it to a bash
driven web browser instead? Why not just compile the basics of busybox
and then write bash scripts to provide the other coreutils? Slow and
complicated? Exactly my point. Simplicity, elegance and speed
should be our goal. Not stubbornly sticking to some 'standard' we
implemented just because there wasn't a better option. We have a choice
now with Vala/Genie, Bacon and Nimrod - Puppy realized that and so does
TinyCore. How long will it take us to wake up and see the writing on
the wall?

Sponsorship isn't enough. I know I probably shouldn't say this,
but we need backing like Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, PCLinuxOS and
Mandrivia. They all have financial backing from a company or
group of companies that pay dedicated staff to work on their
distribution.

This is why I want to look into creating my own fork of SliTaz with
backward compatibility to the repository. I want to squeeze as much as
humanly possible into SliTaz that could make it useful to a company and
general desktop users. I want to use musl libc to save more space so I
can add more with less space needed. I want all the Xorg drivers,
office tools, media player, flash plugin and wireless drivers in one
place. Kind of like Linux Mint for SliTaz.

Anyway, that's my opinion on some of the thing pankso brought up.