Re: Content negociation on SliTaz Network

> I prefer editing static files than the wiki approach.

Are the two methods mutually exclusive?  I mean, does having an 'edit'
button keep one from manipulating files directly?

> I understand that's possible to make things easier for contributors to contribute

Yes, that's exactly the point.

> keep in mind that manage another one CMS costs a bit more

I can't imagine that it's that much more.

> put more load on the server [and on Pankso], etc

I doubt that.  While pansko complains about wordpress taking an hour
to upgrade (don't know why), we are only talking about a simple wiki
-- either way, there are commits that have to be reviewed -- and we
are talking about saving many, many hours of work for contributors who
may not contribute, otherwise.

It's not up to me, of course, but I still think (whatever small hassle
it is) it would be good for the project.

@pansko -- I didn't meant to complain about you on a personal level.
I realize maintaining a distro is a lot of work.  You, yourself, said
you should have been more involved with the new tazwok months before
it was finished.  But I am defensive because I've been helping as I
can on IRC for almost two years (this being only my second break from
it), and numerous people have said they think I'm the only one
offering technical support.  I've stayed there to learn, but also
because IRC is the best place to find out what users want and what
problems they're having -- it's better than bug reports, and most
active linux projects have an active IRC channel.  In the first year,
there was almost no activity, and rarely a developer apart from
taziden.  (Although, I did meet Caudinei there, and Bellard).  I also
understand how the mailing list is a more efficient medium for
communication, since we are coming from all over the world with
different time zones.
However, my point about KISS stands.  (Incidentally, I learned it as
Keep It Simple Stupid, but I do like Keep It Short and Simple better.)
 But is there a blueprint?  I have seen the ARM project, the libre
project, the uclibc/tiny project, the modular project, and on and on.
I said this the other day on IRC:  If a tree has so many branches, but
no strong trunk, it's just a bush.
I think the ideas manifest here are genius -- especially things like
tazpanel -- and that's why I've stayed, because I'm very much
interested in seeing Slitaz evolve into the mainstream distro is could
be.  (By 'mainstream', I don't mean like Ubuntu or Debian, just that
it could be commonly used my the mainstream public.)  Slitaz has the
potential to do what no other distro has ever done, to be usable on
most any machine, live or installed, easily customized, portable,
capable of using packages from other repos or from source -- the
incredible part, while still being simple and light.
Please don't take my ranting personally, because it really wasn't
meant that way.  I do think the project is a bit like a foundation
without a mission statement, at times, and it often appears to be
something that's getting designed as we go along.  I just think if
there's a clear destination -- a solid trunk -- then anyone can
contribute, and that benefits the whole... but only with oversight, of
course.
Straying from my analogy of architecture, I should stay with that of
food.  If the focus is only on the ingredients and the process (the
KISS part), then we have a buffet.  And to be a four-star restaurant,
we need more than just a chef (you), we need a menu (the blueprint).
I really don't mean to sound critical.  I just think Slitaz lacks a
clear goal and that this whole conflict comes from a number of people
with their own personal goals that don't always go well together.
Like three different cooks making their specialty, they're gourmet in
their own right, but they don't necessarily belong on the same plate.
(Damn, this has made me hungry!)
I apologize, too, for how long-winded I am....