Re: [slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx: Tank needs a physical reboot]

> Everybody have been "banned" from acces to the main server to avoid
> hard rebooting and keep Tank running the sites. That sais your are not
> banned, you just dont have root access anymore but can do all what you
> want in a chroot. Sorry but installing cooking package on Tank was not
> a good idea.

True, but we loose access to /home/slitaz in the process; godane backed
packages & sources on a daily basis so he was able to recreate a
cooking environment - loosing it was essentially the cause of my
angryness, now I feel better; but we don't have backup for cooklogs. Few
days ago you asked for mirroring the packages on mirror.slitaz.org, but
actually we can't sync with it. So, back to the previous situation:
mirror on godane people account.

About the positive side: we can play in a system based on thoses
"not-so-experimental" packages... The tool itself is maybe
(less and less) experimental but the current cooking wok provide pretty
stable packages.

> Hum... did you thank me or anyone else for all the work these last 5
> years ? Can you imagine all the work that have been done untill now ?

Sure I did, and I can do it again: thanks you all for theses amazing
piece of code & docs you released & release. That's free :)

> I can understand you, I'was sometime frustrated by no feedback, what I
> learded is that a few mount of work is not inuff to get good feedback,
> your must be patient.
>
> ... one more time "experimental"... you not banned, we just ask you to
> provide the equivalent features of existing tools before using the
> "experimental" tools for the next stable version. Each time I add a new
> tool (tazbb is there for only 1 year and a half), it'was well tested on
> my local machine before it was use to build packages used by our users.
>

> Please dont be so angry. With this kind of afirmation you not fear, you
> put quiet a lot of mess in the wok and tools and now goodbye. You put
> the full project in trouble if you stop now.
>
> I didn't investigate your new tools due to a lack of time, but I never
> stop you coding or reject any ideas, you have your own HG repos, full
> tank access, etc. I'm looking nearly everyday your commit and I'm
> happy to see so many new features and improvment I dont want you to
> stop anything but you must think to evryone involve and the project and
> can't go ahead like you want.
>
> You complain about missing communication, next time you want to change
> the way we worked these last 5 years, please sent a mail on the list
> before, explain your wishes and be patient!
>
> You know is difficult to make everyone happy, more SliTaz evolute and
> more developers we are. I dont like this situation and dont want to
> stop you in your rush, I just want all of us working togetter for the
> best of SliTaz.
>
> - Christophe

Working ISO based on current wok, cooked using tazwok-experimental &
tazlito exists, I'm pretty sure that we can release RC or something like
that this week based on current experimental status.

To resume the stuff we need, if possible:
* A copy of the cooklogs from /home/slitaz/experimental/log
* Possibility to send packages & iso to mirror.slitaz.org
* Please link /home/slitaz/chroot/var/www/vhosts/bb
to /var/www/vhosts/bb/experimental to make me able to make a php
buildbot interface reachable from internet at
http://bb.slitaz.org/experimental. I'm currently working on this
interface and will need help from a php expert to make it able to
support several repositories at a same time (not just cooking/stable;
the goal is open the possibility to add support for
undigest/backport/wok-tiny repositories easily; the list of $version
avaible is stored in a file).

About cronjob to cook packages: actually we are the cookbot, a bot
command will be added soon into tazwok-experimental to perform
automatically all maintaining tasks (get commits, cook commits &
missing, update repository, optionnaly update mirror).

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>