Re: udev fixed, but not xorg

conclusion of the tests of the last days

tazx works much better than in 3.0, but the problems with direct rendering are the same - out of the box SliTaz uses always Rasterizer

as mojo pointed out in one post, this it is a problem with /dev/dri/card0, because when changing the ownership of /dev/dri recursive to tux, the correct rendering software is used. But this seem to work only with intel drivers, because the radeon driver crashes, as soon as I do this ... (at least I could not test more.)

So I decided to see the ownership of /dev/dri/card0 in other distros - this seems to be ok

tux@slitaz: ~ $ ls -l /dev/dri/card0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 226, 0 2010-12-27 11:39 /dev/dri/card0

PClinuxOS is the same as SliTaz - FluxFlux (Slackware) is a little bit different

tom@ff-sl: ~ $ ls -l /dev/dri/card0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root video 226, 0 2010-12-27 12:11 /dev/dri/card0

so it must be a problem with group

the significant difference between Slitaz and other distros is, that in other distros, there is always another user than tux in the group video - like in PClinuxOS it is mysql - in slackware it is root

Here is really the end of my linux knowledge