Re: udev fixed, but not xorg

I never did have any problems with udev, just thought it could be the
cause of the xorg problems, as it's now a dependency since xorg 1.8...
was following this thought, troubleshooting:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/X/InputConfiguration -- and it seemed
plausible.  For my own situation, it may be related to virtualbox
having it's own video card emulation that is VESA compliant, but needs
guest additions to handle anything more... but that being said, vbox
doesn't have a problem with higher resolutions until slim takes over.
Also, this is a common issue I see on IRC.  Having thoroughly read the
tazx script, I tried 'Xorg -config :1' just to read the file
generated, and something is definitely wrong.  I will look at the
dependencies you suggested and let you know, tomorrow.

As for the udev issue, setting loglevel="err" (or "debug" for even
more), it appears there definitely is a reason it's failing on boot...
it's just that the process respawns, so it's not a big deal in the
end.  If it's not causing any problems, the status message wouldn't
need to be supressed - we could just fake it, make it say 'success' no
matter what.

Thank you for your quick response - I'll be back at this in the morning.