Re: udev fixed, but not xorg

Finally, I got better resolution.  The problem turned out not to be
xorg, vesa, or udev - it may be a virtualbox issue, still, but there
is no limitation in the graphics adapter or the vesa driver.  I just
had to add HorizSync and VertRefresh to xorg's configs, and also Modes
"1024x768", as well as a Modeline (which was probably optional) - I
think the conflict stems from the widescreen display on my laptop,
sadly... and I feel a little stupid for not even thinking about that
-- but I learned a lot about edid, cvt, and xorg, anyway.  Next, I'll
try for the 1366x768 (odd) native resolution... thank you all again
for the help and ideas with this.