Re: Missing GConf Dependency in emacs

> Hi,

> In fact this way will use less space than actually :
> * Actually we have a chroot by version (1 for cooking, 1 for stable)
> with all packages installed.
> * Using minimal chroot doesn't means using several chroot.
> Basically : when cooking, you make the chroot, install build_depends,
> cook, clean chroot and repeat for each package. At the end you can
> remove the chroot. Note that using the same chroot with a lot of
> installation/suppression can lead to problems. An optimized way to
> clean it can be backing-up the chroot, then restore it between each
> cook - maybe with rsync to do that speedly, this part need some tests.

It may take a long time to build the chroot for some packages, ex for
deadbeef we need all X, GTK, alsa, installing these deps take a lot of
resource and time. This also means we must have correct receipt so all
wanted packages are installed and it is not the case, so changing
BUILD_DEPEND or adding some --disable-opts may give the same amount of
work. In any case, packager must run ./configure --help and disable all
unwanted deps. So not sure for having minimal chroot.