Re: Missing GConf Dependency in emacs

I work with a minimal chroot and home-made tool since several month, Christophe Roger too. He already improved most receipts to make them work in this case. The report demo was generated by cooking some enlightenment tools in a chroot (with a broken tazwok...), and even it's not reported entirely, depends was installed and removed for each package. So yes, it's heavy, but lzma is good at decompression benchmark, and remove a package is not long. I just do the test : installing deadbeef build_depends in chroot took a little less than 1 min with one 1.6GHz CPU, using a HDD. I admit than when recooking the full wok it can makes a big difference -maybe 10 hours-. My opinion is that it's a feature we need because it solve several problems, by exemple :

* Uneeded automagical dependecies (fix them is a hard work too)
* Packages overwritting (actually it's why linux-source is blocked)
* Poor build_depends definition (compile often works on tank but not at home)

Please let me finish my code and test it, I rewrited this one a lot of time to solve most problems at different levels. About this one, heres how cook depends are defined for a package :
merge depends & build_depends
if a depend have a wanted variable, replace it by package it want
generate the full depend tree with this, and add all packages which want thoses in this tree.
It also permit to have a good cooklist sort to avoid some brokes.

The fact is I don't use a full chroot at home and need something which work well on my system in my light chroot (mostly because my usb key has not enough space, and also because I find that cooking in minimal chroot loaded in RAM is a good idea...). So independently from the choice of what we use on tank, I (and Christophe Roger I guess) need well defined build_depends. And I also find fun to cook my system from source myself by the way...

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>