Re: [Sawfish] Keeping the correct focus on desktop switch

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:01:24 +0100
wrote "Robert 'Bobby' Zenz" <Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Thank you for testing, I feared such a thing...I'll test my
>configuration and see what I can come up with.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:55:41 +0100
>fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:17:24 +0100
>> wrote "Robert 'Bobby' Zenz" <Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> >Hello everyone.
>> >
>> >I'm using two monitors with Sawfish and MATE and the second monitor
>> >is mostly occupied by stickied chat applications. Now in the last
>> >time I've noticed that whenever I switch workspaces that the focus
>> >jumps onto the second monitor, despite that a window on the first
>> >one was focused.
>> >
>> >Assume the following:
>> >
>> > * Desktop 1:
>> >   * Monitor 1: Browser
>> >   * Monitor 2: Stickied applications
>> > * Desktop 2:
>> >   * Monitor 1: E-Mail client
>> >   * Monitor 2: Stickied applications
>> >
>> >Now if the browser has the focus and I switch to desktop 2, the
>> >stickied application get's the focus. Now I focus manually the e-mail
>> >client and switch back to desktop 1...the stickied application has
>> >the focus again.
>> >
>> >Did I break something in my configuration or is it supposed to be
>> >that way?
>> >
>> >Best Regards,
>> >Bobby.
>> >

>> I have do a short test on my system (two monitors xinerama with kde)
>> and it works perfect here. All windows got the currect focus (with
>> stick or without sticky windows). If i switch the workspace the window
>> that has the focus as i leave the workspace got the focus if i go back
>> to the workspace.
>>
>> Maybe something wrong with your configuration?

Ok, my info was wrong. I also lost the focus if i select a sticky
window and switch the workspace. I do more test in the next days and
try to fix this ...

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0