|Re: [Sawfish] sawfish-menu binary needs to be in your PATH if you install sawfish in an odd location; LD_LIBRARY_PATH might be needed as well|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] sawfish-menu binary needs to be in your PATH if you install sawfish in an odd location; LD_LIBRARY_PATH might be needed as well
- From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:50:00 -0500
- Organization: Opinions expressed in this email are my own and are not necessarily those of any organization with which I have an affiliation.
Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote at 12:43 (CDT) on Thursday:
> When building Sawfish could you post your
> file? It is generated for each build and should include the proper
> path to SAWFISH_EXECDIR (which is, where sawfish-menu resides in).
All looks good, I have:
#define SAWFISH_EXECDIR "/path/to/my/install/lib/sawfish"
which is the right place, and I see sawfish-menu in that spot.
*but* it's actually /path/to/my/install/bin/ that I had to put in PATH
for things to work right in sawfish.
As mentioned, I also added
which may have helped/been necessary.
I'm willing to play around with it more if there are specific things you
want me to try.
> Though, if you do
> "PREFIX=foo make install"
I didn't use PREFIX=foo during make install so that's moot.